In spring, it can happen that the paths on the less frequented parts of the long-distance hike are somewhat overgrown. This affects stages 1 and 5, where some hikers have reported problems in the past in the months of May and June. Although the hiking trails are maintained by the Italian Alpine Association CAI (Club Alpino Italiano), it can still happen from time to time that you can't get away fast enough from the overgrown nature.
Therefore, all hikers after you would be very grateful for timely feedback on the current trail condition! Please leave a comment with the following information:
- Hiking date
- assessed stage (especially for stage 1 and 5)
- current path condition:
- Grade 1: can be walked with short hiking trousers without problems
- Grade 2: good walking, but long hiking trousers are recommended
- Grade 3: difficult to walk on even with long hiking trousers
- Grade 4: heavy overgrowth, thorny bushes
Another source of information on the state of the trail (especially in the case of temporary closures) is the website of the local section of the Italian Alpine Club (CAI) at https://www.caimontilattari.it/sentieri/.